The client for this project is a company that develop applications for the healthcare industry. I was approached by them to redesign the UI for one of their main responsive web applications – Mediq (branding and design has been changed to comply with NDA). This application allows healthcare staff to manage outpatients and order equipment for them.
Due to limitations set out by the client, I used a modified UX design process which focused on stakeholder’s feedback instead of user testing.
During the user research phase I interviewed users and stakeholders and also gave them various tasks to perform in the current UI to identify potential issues. One of the results of this design phase was a user persona which reflects a typical user.
During the low-fidelity design phase I produced diagrams and flow charts to map out the information architecture and user flow. Next, I produced wireframes which I presented to the team and stakeholders. You can see an example below.
Login page finished design
The finished login page utilises golden ratio that splits the page into two sections- login form and announcements. The client wanted an area where they could post important notices and announcements and they wanted the page to look nice even if there weren’t any announcements to show so I used a gradient background with some abstract shapes to give it a 3D feel.
Homepage finished design
In regards to the homepage the feedback from stakeholders was very similar – they wanted to see key information about their or their team’s profiles. Showing products and orders was a priority. In terms of UI design, I grouped relevant information and spaced it out using blocks to avoid overwhelming users.
This application is responsive so I had to produce designs on mobile devices as well. Below you can see examples of the login page and the homepage.
Add patient form
The feedback about this form in the current UI was that it is very long and confusing. In this design I focused on breaking down a very long form into manageable chunks and using input types that are appropriate in every instance.
On this page including useful filtering options was one of the key functionalities. The client also wanted to show as many products as possible in grid and list views.
The client feedback on the current UI cart page was that it was too cluttered and confusing. To solve these issues, I focused on surfacing the most important functionality while hiding less important actions in dropdown menus. I also used a centred, easy to read layout.